7/26/09

Vision in White - Nora Roberts


Vision in White by Nora Roberts
Genre: Adult Romance

Form: Paperback Book

Series: The Bride Quartet


After years of throwing make-believe weddings in the backyard, flowers, photography, desserts, and details are what these women do best: a guaranteed perfect, beautiful day full of memories to last the rest of your life.

With bridal magazine covers to her credit, Mackensie "Mac" Elliot is most at home behind the camera - ready to capture the happy moments she never experienced while growing up. Her father replaced his first family with a second, and now her mother, moving on to yet another man, begs Mac for attention and money. Mac's foundation is jostled again moments before an important wedding planning meeting when she bumps into the bride-to-be's brother...an encounter that has them both seeing stars.


Carter Maguire is definitely not her type: he's stable, and he's safe. He's even an English teacher at their high school alma mater. There's something about him that makes Mac think a casual fling is just what she needs to take her mind of dealing with bridezillas and screening her mother's phone calls. But a casual fling can turn into something more when you least expect it. And with the help of her three best friends - and business partners - Mac must learn how to make her own happy memories.

Source: flap of book



One word summary: beautiful

For once I can’t claim that the characters were the best part of a book that I liked. Not to indicate that the characters weren’t good, because that is very far from the truth, but I actually fell in love with the descriptions in this book. Nora Roberts made you feel like you were Mac, behind the lens of a camera. She made you want to pick up your camera and try it yourself. I enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the “Vows” business run by four best friends. No matter who was narrating, you felt as if you were walking in their shoes.

I loved Carter as well, but who wouldn’t love the homebody, bookish, tweed-wearing teacher who has a passion that is a little bit out of his control. I never would have thought “nerd” could be sexy, but on Carter, it definitely is. Mac’s mother, Linda, is incorrigible, and you root for Mac to plan her feet and tell her what’s coming to her. I wanted to scoff and shout at her too, whenever Linda just couldn’t open her eyes enough to see beyond her own nose. Even better than Carter though, were Mac’s best friends and business partners; Parker, Emma, and Laurel. To have such a strong and long lasting relationship, and a built in support group, a bond that any other woman would be jealous of. I know I was.

Most of all, I wanted more. I wanted to see Mac and Carter’s wedding. I wanted to see her become just one of the family at Carter’s parent’s house. I wanted to see the growth and love there. The thing is, it’s okay that it wasn’t there too, because you can see how it’s going to happen. You know Mac is getting the HEA she never thought was possible.

I am looking forward to Bed of Roses, which is coming in October, and I will say…I’m most excited about Parker’s book. For some reason I just think her HEA is going to be especially good.

No comments :