7/21/09

Glory in Death - J. D. Robb


Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
Genre: Adult Mystery & Detective
Form: Audio Book
Series: In Death Series
Narrator: Susan Ericksen

In a time when technology can reveal the darkest of secrets, there's only one place to hide a crime of passion - in the heart. . . The first victim was found lying on a sidewalk in the rain. The second was murdered in her own apartment building. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas had no problem finding connections between the two crimes. Both victims were beautiful and highly successful women. Their glamorous lives and loves were the talk of the city. And their intimate relations with men of great power and wealth provided Eve with a long list of suspects - including her own lover, Roarke. As a woman, Eve was compelled to trust the man who shared her bed. But as a cop, it was her job to follow every lead . . .to investigate every scandalous rumor . . .to explore every secret passion, no matter how dark. Or how dangerous.
Source: Booksfree.com


I never would have thought of myself as a crime/mystery book reader, but here I am in love with a mystery series. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the characters, and the world that J.D. Robb has created. It's amazing to be transformed into a future (yet not all together unbelievable with the way our technology advances) setting. But more than that, the stories created in this series are amazing captivating. You just have to find out what happens. Of course Eve and Roarke's relationship helps in moving the plot along as well.

Once again, my hat's off to the narrator, Susan Ericksen. The production of the audio book is wonderful. I love it when you can feel the emotion of the characters, and I must say - when Roarke says "Eve, I love you" in his lovely Irish accent, you can feel it in your toes. There are some books that are just better as an audiobook, and I would hesitate to say that this series is one of them, in fact I think that I would love to sit and read these books - but Susan really makes it a very enjoyable experience.

No comments :