7/12/09

Honest Illusions - Nora Roberts


Honest Illusions
by Nora Roberts
Genre: Adult Romance
Form: Mass-Paperback Book

The daughter of a world-renowned magician, Roxy Nouvelle has inherited her father's talents - and his penchant for jewel thievery. Into this colorful world comes Luke Callahan - con man, loner, lover. He's the escape artist who captures her heart. And who keeps secrets that could send their house of cards tumbling...
Source: Back of book


If I could describe this book in one word, it would be: captivating. I cannot express how much the characters of this book captured my heart. Not just Roxy and Luke, although they were awesome together - their sparks flew right off the page and into my own heart, but Max, and Lily and the rest of the Nouvelle crew.

The story line was awesome. It had everything you could ask for. I sometimes felt I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat for what happened next. There were other times that I was so happy with where the characters at that precise moment in the book that I almost wanted to put the book down because I couldn't stand the idea of something bad happening.

I loved Nora's descriptions. She would describe the magic act, and never giving away any kind of "secret" as to how it was done (perhaps she didn't really know herself, who knows), but many times you felt you were right there with the characters. And the sexual attraction between Roxy and Luke - especially when they were fighting against that attraction - is amazing. The hairs on my arms would stand up with the tension. I fell in love with these characters, so their happily ever after was the best ending I could ever have hoped for.

A "friend" on Karen Marie Moning's web forum recommended this book - and I absolute do not regret picking it up!

No comments :