7/11/09

Can You Keep a Secret - Sophie Kinsella


Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella
Genre: Chick-Lit
Form: Audio Book

With the same wicked humor, buoyant charm, and optimism that have made her Shopaholic novels beloved international bestsellers, Kinsella delivers a hilarious new work and an unforgettable new character--Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets.
Source: booksamillion.com

Can You Keep a Secret is a fun book. Quite entertaining to listen to on those long work-days sitting at the computer hammering out work. I always find Sophie's characters fun and usually pretty silly. Not silly in a bad way, but in a funny, goofy, maybe a tinsy bit over the top sort of way. But it's good - that type of humor usually works for her.

I enjoyed main characters quite a bit, but felt that they really didn't have much time to really connect in the book, therefore I wasn't feeling the attraction really. I think the other thing that bothers me about Kinsella's novels is usually there is usually a lot of money involved in one way or another. Somehow, everyone always is able to get whatever they want because either they have a lot of money, or they will have a lot of money or, as it is in this case, your male interest has a lot of money. I don't mind unrealistic, but I don't actually like everything to be silver plattered to you.

Outside of those things - I do like this book. It's funny, and as I said before, entertaining. It hits the spot for a easy, relaxing read.

No comments :