7/16/09

Kissing Coffins - Ellen Schreiber


Kissing Coffins by Ellen Schreiber
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Form: Paperback book
Series: Vampire Kisses Series

When goth-girl Raven's vampire boyfriend, Alexander, disappears, she embarks on a dangerous search and ultimately faces a life-transforming decision she's not sure she's ready to make.



One word analysis: Eh…

I’m not even sure that counts as a word. I really like Raven, really I do. I like Alexander more. I just feel like these books are lacking in maturity. Yes, I know, they are young adult books, perhaps even as young as 13, when I’m looking for the 15-18 type stuff. Maybe that is the main problem. Mostly, I feel like the book didn’t really go anywhere. Oh, there was a plot, a climax, and sort of a wrapping up (okay, maybe not a true wrap-up, but it is a series, and she wants to keep us reading), but to me it sort of just stayed flat-line throughout. Even the new antagonist, Jagger, is mild. There was also a lot of blurry lines and sudden decisions, i.e. visiting Aunt, leaving Aunt’s early. No adult thinks this stuff is weird? Does she really have this much control of her life, and yet in some cases seems to act younger than her 16 years?

I’ve already go the next two books in this series, and I’ll probably read on at some point. I just think that there are better books out there.

No comments :