5/18/09

Movie Monday - Star Trek


I am SOOO not a Trekki! My step-dad would watch Star Trek and I would run for cover in my room. I wasn't having it. So when I saw the previews for the new movie I was surprised that I was even remotely interested in it. (Cute guys in the movie didn't hurt...) Anyway, hubby and I were talking about what we wanted to do, and I mentioned sort of light heartedly "Star Trek came out today..." And it only took about 5 minutes to determine that was what we were going to do.

Shocked and amazed. That's all I can say. This movie was wall to wall action - and not crazy weird alien and space man action, but real cool stuff! The story line was good, the actors/characters were great, funny even. I can't say too much about the movie, or if it lived up to expectations or anything of that nature - because as I indicated before, I have no prior information.

Sooo, if you are a non-Trek person and are pondering if you'd like to see this movie - I say "Go for it!" You may be as surprised as I was.

No comments :