5/25/09

Miranda's Big Mistake - Jill Mansell


Miranda's Big Mistake by Jill Mansell
Genre: Chick Lit
Form: Book


Even the worst mistake of your life can lead to true love in the end...

Miranda's track record with men is horrible. Her most recent catastrophe is Greg. He seems perfect - gorgeous, witty, exciting. And he and Miranda are in love...until Miranda discovers he left his wife when he found out she was pregnant.

With the help of her friends, Miranda plans the sweetest and most public revenge a heartbroken girl can get. But will Miranda learn from her mistake, or move on to the next perfect man and ignore the love of her life waiting in the wings...
Source: Back of Book


When I first opened the book and read the first chapter (mind you I actually had read the synopsis, just forgot) I was thinking Miranda's big mistake was going to be taking in a homeless chap which somehow turned her life upside down. In fact, I think I had a really good story going on in my mind there...someone ought to take that idea and run with it. But that's not exactly what happened.

Miranda seems to inadvertently do the wrong thing a lot of the time. It's not like she's stupid - it's nothing like that at all - she just reacts or does what any normal gal with a heart would do, it's just that Murphy's Law seems to follow her around like a bad habit. I like Miranda though. She is definitely a good character. Someone you enjoy "knowing" and root for throughout the book.

In fact, this book is filled with many great characters, and wonderful dialogue. I found this is what made the book good. The story itself was just okay. I know that there was suppose to be a bit of time lapsing between events, but it just seemed like Miranda was jumping from one relationship to the next. I think, perhaps, it's because so much time was spent on the first relationship and part of the story that I was surprised by the second.

In the end Miranda's Big Mistake is mostly about friendship, finding your true love, and the adventures in life. You can find Miranda's Big Mistake in stores June 1, 2009.

No comments :