5/27/09

Holly's Inbox - Holly Denham



Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham
Genre: Chick Lit
Form: ARC Book

It's Holly Denham's first day as a receptionist at a busy corporate bank, and frankly, it's obvious she can't quite keep up.

Take a peek at her email and you'll see why: what with her crazy friends, dysfunctional family, and gossipy co-workers, Holly's inbox is a daily source of drama. Laughter, friendship, and romantic interludes keep her going, until one day, Holly's secret past begins to catch up with her...

Written entirely in emails, this compulsively readable UK smash hit will keep you laughing and turning the pages all the way to its surprising and deeply satisfying ending.
...source: back of book...


I must admit, when I first picked up Holly's Inbox, I was a bit leery of the concept of an entire book written via email. I like character interaction in books. I like dialogue, thoughts, details. None of which you really get out of an email...can you?

Well, Holly Denham surprised me! I found it amazingly hard to put this book down. The whole book draws you in. Yes, you do miss details, descriptions an avid book reader would love to have, but it was okay. The characters of this book keep it entertaining. It's a book you'll enjoy laughing with. The story line was captivating enough, although the "surprise" ending was a bit predictable in my opinion - but who cares. The book worked, and that's all that matters.

Fun, light reading that sucks you in until the last page - Holly's Inbox hits the bookshelf in June!

1 comment :

Holly Denham said...

Anita
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY REVIEW!!!
You are so kind to take the time to do this...
I am so happy - glad you enjoyed it!
xx
Holly/Bill
ps love the site!