3/29/09

Lover Unbound - J.R. Ward


Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Form: Book
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Ruthless and brilliant, Vishous, son of the Bloodletter, possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a pretrans growing up in his father's war camp, he was tormented and abused. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of a human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time--until destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that cannot include her...


Lover Unbound is probably my 3rd favorite dagger book, after Lover Awakened and Dark Lover. I really enjoy the backstories on the Brotherhood a lot. And in this book's case, I actually liked the side stories (John, Phury) more than the main story itself. I expecially like seeing Zsadist come out even more in this book. He IS my favorite brother afterall. Some things I did like about Vishous' story included his release of Butch, and even more so Butch's explination about how his attraction to him was more about caring for someone other than himself for the first time rather than love.

What I didn't like was how Jane came back in the end. Oh, I wanted her back of course - but the how it was done was a little wonky to me. Didn't really sit well with my "oh yeah, that could happen," imagination.

No comments :