3/23/09

Lover Revealed - J.R. Ward


Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Form: Book
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. He's got nothing to lose. His heart belongs to a female vampire, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. If he can't have Marissa, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers...

Fate Curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back. But even her love may not be enough to save him...


Another book down on my newest obsession. I am in love with this series. I love the action - but I've said that before, haven't it? Butch is such a great guy! Even before his big "revelation" he is totally on board with the BDB and their mission. He loves these boys like they are his family - and I think it's awesome. I'm doing my best here, not to give away the book, but I will say that I wish there was a little bit more foreshadowing of Butch's fate, I think that would have tied the book in a bit better. Just an opinion though.

Marissa, on the other hand, I wasn't digging her to much. She was all lust and lacked understanding. I wish she would have opened up to what was going on and stopped being so selfish. She didn't want to loose Butch, but geez - was the guy suppose to sit around and continue to corrode his liver for his entire life? He needed a purpose, a job - and when he finally got one, instead of being a supportive, loving gal - she decided to walk out. Not cool in my book. So far, I think she is my least favorite of the females. But I DO like her new initiative of having a Vampire social services type deal. That's awesome, and I hope plays more of a role in the books to come.

No comments :