Another great buzz campaign from BzzAgent, I was super excited to try Green Mountain Coffee. Why, you ask? Because I really love coffee. I haven't had any at home for a while, because I have a tendency to drink what is provided for me at work (work sludge, as I call it) so there didn't seem to be any point in buying in, know what I mean?
Well, let me tell you, when you are drinking something nicknamed, "work sludge," anything boiled shoes might taste good. So Green Mountain Coffee was a pretty tasty treat! However, I was kind of hoping for something a little extra special. It was a nice bold morning coffee, but in all reality in the end it was just coffee. It wasn't until I got a tip from a friend to add a little bit of cinnamon to the top of the grounds that transformed the coffee into a decent coffee into an excellent coffee!
But what makes Green Mountain Coffee more than just an every day normal coffee isn't the cinnamon added, but their purpose. Green Mountain Coffee is Fair Trade Certified. If you're anything like me, you can derive what that could possibly mean by the title alone, but haven't actually heard of the term before. So let me tell you what it means to be fair trade certified.
- helps farmers get a fair price for their beans
- improves working conditions
- assists in protecting the environment
- supports community development with projects resulting in new schools, roads, health clinics and safer drinking water.*
* Information derived from the Green Mountain Coffee official BuzzGuide