6/21/09

High Five - Janet Evanovich Take 1


High Five by Janet Evanovich Take 1

I'm not going to go through the entire process on this book. I listened to it as an audiobook - and let me tell you, it was a GRAND disappointment! Disappointment of the worst kind.

1st - I can only find the abridge version on audio book. Why is that? Every other Stephanie Plum book is on audio in the fullest - with the exception (so far) of the 5th and 6th books. I DO NOT WANT abridged. And I like listening to these at work. Uggh!

2nd - What happened to the narrator?? They changed some lady who had a nice Jersey accent, great voices for the characters, someone who I really enjoyed listening to - for someone who is monotone, and has maybe the slightest accent. She had boring character voices, and even pronounced the names of people (Grandma Mazer) differently than the original. Did she not do any research at all? Shouldn't she have tried to at least do something similar to the original narrator.

So - I am going to just read the book. I already have it on it's way via trade on www.swaptree.com. Actually, book 5 and book 6 are both on their way...so yeah. That should be much better. I'll grace you with a real review after I read it.

No comments :