7/13/11

Craving Perfect - Liz Fichera

Craving Perfect by Liz Fichera
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Adult – Romance
FORM: eBook – NetGalley

While I was granted permission to read this book by a Net Galley affiliate publisher, Harlequin, I have received no compensation for this review other than the joy of reading!

SYNOPSIS: Grace doesn’t lead a perfect life, she’s a little bit over-weight, she lacks the self control to avoid her famous Raspberry Scones, and lives with her sister at their café; The Desert Java. While she isn’t unhappy with her life, she does sometimes wonder what it would be like to have the perfect body and have everything come easy to you, like Alexandra Summers; or have the super hot bodybuilder boyfriend, such as Max Kramer. After taking a tumble off the stair climber at Goldie’s Gym, things for Grace Mills seems a little wacky. She finds out that she can trade her life and body in for the more “perfect” one of Callie Collins by using the brand new treadmill at the gym. But trading in her life means leaving her sister, her café, and the new person in her life, Carlos Flores, behind.

REVIEW: I’m not sure how successful I was, but I was trying to make sure my synopsis didn’t sound too cheesy…because, let’s face it, when you look at this book on the surface, trading lives by running on a treadmill, it has a sort of Hot Tub Time Machine, feel about it, right? But it’s not…trust me. Craving Perfect is the happy romance that every girl needs every now and then. It’s not overly deep, but that’s the charm. You get to fall in love with Grace and Carlos, and there’s a little bit of drama; Grace/Callie learns a lot about herself, and then we get the beautiful red bow at the end! I love it!

Carlos was the perfect male companion to Grace. He was sweet and tender, and had just the right amount of jealous tendencies. He was so incredibly romantic, at times I swear I could feel his breath on my neck as he spoke. The best part about him, he loved Grace and desired her for who she was. She wasn’t perfect, but she was a fun, happy, kind person; someone you want to see good things happen for, and someone you definitely would like to be your friend. Grace’s sister Kathryn was a good character too. I imagine I would be like her. She didn’t express her feelings very well, and even when she tried, Grace would object and Kathryn would shut down and things would be left unsaid. I know how she feels, she knows she needs to do what is right, but how can you when everyone either assumes they know what’s right for you, or doesn’t give you the chance to speak up for yourself.

All-in-all I loved the relationships between the characters in the story. Liz Fichera did an excellent job at creating characters you want to know.

WHAT I LOVED: I loved it when Grace as Callie put Alexandra Summers in her place…not once, but a few times. It was a boldness that on one hand didn’t seem normal for the nice person Grace was, but also seemed to come natural, as Grace didn’t seem like one to let people lead them around.

NOT SO MUCH: I think Carlos jumped the “I love you” a bit..it actually felt a little weird to me when reading it. And I’m not really one to talk since my husband said it the first time we ever kissed…but we were pretty young.

This book was read during the July 2007 Read-a-Thon.

View all my reviews

No comments :