9/18/08

Time Traveler's Wife


The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Genera: Adult Romance, Adult Science-Fiction

(From the back of the book)

A most untraditional love story, this is a celebrated tale of Henry DeTamble, a dashing, adventuresome librarian who involuntarily travels through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate affair endures across a sea of time and captures them in an impossibly romantic trap that tests the strength of fate and basks in the bounds of love.

I LOVE this book! The book summary sums it up well, as it really is about Henry and Clare's adventure with Henry's genetic disorder. It is a love so passionate and true that it withstands some serious conflicts and adventures. Among my favorite scenes include their wedding day, and Clare and Henry's run-in with her horrible first date. This book had me laughing out loud and crying heartbroken tears. I, personally, would rate this book among some of the greatest loves stories ever told. Although, I have my doubts about it being done very well - the movie rendition of the book is coming out, and I am looking forward to it.

No comments :