9/17/08

I *heart* Stephenie Meyer

I just got done watching Stephenie Meyer on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. When the show first came on and she said Stephenie was going to be on there, I totally wanted to squeal like a 13 year old girl…and then I thought better of it..I mean, I am a 28 year old mother of 3…get a grip! While I was really excited to be able to watch her on something other than YouTube, I had hoped Ellen would spend a little more time with her, and that I would have learned something that I didn’t already know. Oh well. It was still awesome to see her. Stephenie Meyer is my all time favorite author. I’ve read over 30 books this year (well, some of them I read more than once…) and Stephenie’s books are my favorite. I’ve never been able to say I have a favorite author as an adult. As a kid, I loved Judy Blume…but that was eons ago. Or it felt like it anyway.
Just last week I finished reading the entire series again. It was my 3rd time for Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse, and 2nd time through for Breaking Dawn. I liked Breaking Dawn the first time. I was not among the - “Oh my goodness, I can’t believe this book belongs to the same series..” crowd at all, but it did shock me more than once my first time through. The 2nd time through was SOO much better! Twilight is still the best, but this is definately my 2nd favorite book of the series. Knowing all the surprises - I was able to focus on other parts of the story. Heck, the I read it so fast the first time through - I KNOW I missed entire pages (ahem..the LAST page for instance. For amonth I thought the last words were “now you know no one has ever loved anyone as much as I love you.” ) - because this time I was like “…Whooooa, I don’t remember that being there.” When I first read it I really liked Jacob narrating the 2nd book, this time I LOVED it. I can’t believe how funny all the werewolves are. I especially enjoyed Seth and his overeager personality and love for the Cullins. He made me laugh out loud a lot! My husband thought I was going nuts for sure. I am done for now though. I think 3 times through the series is enough for one year. Next up on the agenda is the movie of course!
I am totally excited about Stephenie Meyer’s writing. I have read The Host as well and it was very good too! I look forward to more books from her, whether they are vampire based or not - it’s all good to me! I just hope the whole Midnight Sun thing won’t discourage her from writing. It happens to the best of authors all the time. (I would LOVE to see the completed Midnight Sun some day too..but I’m not holding my breath.)
So to sum it all up..I HEART Stephenie Meyer!

No comments :