8/8/11

Eona: The Last Dragoneye - Alison Goodman

Eona: The Last Dragoneye by Alison Goodman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Young Adult Fantasy
FORM: Audio Book
NARRATOR: Nancy Wu
SERIES: Eon

SYNOPSIS: Eona is no longer hiding the fact that she is a girl. Times are too unstable and life too unpredictable to keep up the pretense. What is most important now is that Eona learn how to use her powers. This isn’t as easy as it sounds, as it means rescuing Lord Ido, the Rat Dragoneye, so he can help train her. In addition to the well being of the land and people resting on her shoulders, and helping Lord Kygo retrieve his Emperor status; dethroning the nasty tyrant, Emperor Sethon, Eona is also in a constant battle of deciding the right and wrong ways of using her Dragon’s power, and which of her friends are true and which are just out to use her.

REVIEW: I was on the edge of my seat, “please do not bother me,” mode while listening to this book. I felt like it was unrelentless action, drama and romance. In the first book, the story is set up and played out well, but here in Eona, this is where the true heart of the story really takes place. It is very rare that I love the second book of a series better than the first. I typically favor the first encounter, even with books, the most. This book is an exception!

A love triangle, if you can call it that, has never played out so well. Fire and passion, confusion and betrayal – all are involved. I had strong moments of actually rooting for the wrong person, however the ending was beautiful and sweet and just right.

Alison Goodman writes a fantastic story, filled with beautiful imagery and so much suspense it’s nearly impossible to put the book down. The combination of romance and action was perfect, and this is a Fantasy Novel in every aspect as well. So even if you are not a big fan of the popular Romantic Fantasy/Paranormal novel, but prefer a Fantasy in its purest form – I really think that you would enjoy this series. It’s worth a shot anyway!

WHAT I LOVED: The story was so beautifully told, and complete without being over the top or too wordy. I didn’t even realize how long the book was, because I was too sucked in to the story to care.

NOT SO MUCH: I am not normally a huge “love triangle” fan, and while I said that this one was the best one I’d ever read played out, I am still a tiny bit put off. Eona gave so much of herself to each side, that I feel like, no matter who ended up with her heart in the end, the other would have been severely betrayed. As a person, I wouldn’t have put up with it at all.

OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES:



View all my reviews

1 comment :

Unknown said...

check out my blog sometime if you get the chance.
http://ismanthyhere.blogspot.com
I need some followers bad..LOL
Thanks
Mark