5/22/16

Currently TBR

Below are the books 'next up' on my TBR pile!  I recently confessed on my Facebook page that I haven't been completely successful with sticking to only reading the books I have already purchased.  In fact, I've added several new purchases recently, AND  got a book from NetGally, AND accepted a review request.  But as you'll see below, I've fallen into a...story rut....

First up is the NetGalley Request, because it was the first book on this particular list..and I'm a little OCD about my commitments like that:

The Neverland Wars by Audrey Greathouse


Magic can do a lot—give you flight, show you mermaids, help you taste the stars, and… solve the budget crisis? That's what the grown-ups will do with it if they ever make it to Neverland to steal its magic and bring their children home.
However, Gwen doesn't know this. She's just a sixteen-year-old girl with a place on the debate team and a powerful crush on Jay, the soon-to-be homecoming king. She doesn't know her little sister could actually run away with Peter Pan, or that she might have to chase after her to bring her home safe. Gwen will find out though—and when she does, she'll discover she's in the middle of a looming war between Neverland and reality.
She'll be out of place as a teenager in Neverland, but she won't be the only one. Peter Pan's constant treks back to the mainland have slowly aged him into adolescence as well. Soon, Gwen will have to decide whether she's going to join impish, playful Peter in his fight for eternal youth… or if she's going to scramble back to reality in time for the homecoming dance.
This one will probably be read at the same time since it is an Audible purchase, and I can listen to it at work!

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson



Andie had it all planned out.

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.
Important internship? Check. 
Amazing friends? Check. 
Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).
But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life. 
Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected.

And where’s the fun in that?
Here is the review request that I accepted, my first one this year, since I have slowed WAYY down on reading by request and focusing on reading without pressure.  But this was tempting enough to accept.

Dalysian Hope by Jamie Summer

One night that changed everything. 
Sophie Evans is sure about one thing: she’s a normal teenage girl. Until one night her life is turned upside down. 
Attacked in her own apartment and saved by two handsome strangers, she’s thrown into a whole new world. Suddenly dealing with powers she knows nothing about and having half-truths thrown at her from every direction, she realizes that the definition of normal might not fit her after all. 
When Sophie is told that she has to fight in a matter of life and death, she’s left wondering what chance does she really have? And how can she be the only hope of a race she never even knew existed? 
Can Sophie fight the odds stacked against her, or will she lose herself in the process?
Finally we have this beauty I picked up in the May Owlcrate box - and am EXTREMELY excited about, since it falls right into my 'rut.'  If you follow along with my blog at all, you know I recently read Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell as well!

Everland by Wendy Spinale



Forget the story of Peter Pan you know. Because in Everland, the only way to grow up is to survive.
London has been destroyed in a blitz of bombs and disease. The only ones who have survived are children, among them Gwen Darling and her siblings, Joanna and Mikey. They spend their nights scavenging and their days avoiding the ruthless Marauders -- the German Army led by Captain Hanz Otto Oswald Kretschmer.
Unsure if the virus has spread past England's borders but desperate to leave, Captain Hook hunts for a cure, which he thinks can be found in one of the survivors. He and his Marauders stalk the streets snatching children for experimentation. None ever return. Until the day they grab Joanna. As Gwen sets out to save her, she meets a mysterious boy named Pete. Pete offers the assistance of his gang of Lost Boys and the fierce sharpshooter Bella, who have all been living in a city hidden underground. But in a place where help has a steep price and every promise is bound by blood, it will cost Gwen. And are she, Pete, the Lost Boys, and Bella enough to outsmart Captain Hook?

2 comments :

DJ Sakata said...

I totally understand, I have more books than I can ever read in my lifetime and I am constantly trolling for more!

Unknown said...

These all look great! I'm failing at my challenge as well. (only reading paper books I own...)