So what is the 2016 TBR Reading Challenge? Well, like most readers/reading bloggers out there, I have a TBR List. And it's a mile long. I also have a buying problem - when a book goes on a great sale, or it's free and I remotely like the premise, I one-click. I've also had a variety of B&N Gift Cards and have purchased Nook Books as well - so that adds to the fun as well. The number of books on my tablet has become so overwhelming that when I decide to pick a new book to read, I look through the list, can't decide, then go and get something new instead. Which is unfair to all of those authors who's book I've already purchased. I'm sure I have some absolutely wonderful books on my list. I'm sure I have dud's as well. I'd really like to discover those awesome books though.
So here's the challenge. In 2016 I will not be buying ANY new books (except for series that I'm really invested in: IE The Raven Cycle..) and anything written by Michelle Bolanger, because best friend trumps all. I have created a list of all of the books on both my Nook and Kindle Apps that I've yet to read (so far 416 books). I am going to use a randomizer to pick a number and that is the book I will be reading next. Sounds great, right? Well, I have a few rules I've set for myself..mostly for my sanity:
1. No buying new books - also means no review requests. Sorry guys, but I'll be starting a new spreadsheet of books I want to buy in 2017.
2. Each book gets 3 chapters to rope me in. If it doesn't make it, I don't have to read it. It's gone. Bye-bye.
3. Because of the three chapter rule, I am not going to be posting "now reading" on Goodreads, and I am under no obligation to review the books. I WILL be reviewing books, don't you worry. I just don't want to be strapped into trying to review a book I didn't finish. OR if I happen to have a book that isn't a clean read (books can be decieving, I'm sure there are a few that are going to surprise me).
4. If a book that is in a series comes up I default to the next book in the series that I have yet to read. IE, if I get book 3 on the randomizer but haven't read book 2, Book 2 is up next instead.
5. Have Fun, and enjoy the challenge!
I am under no delusions that I'll get through all 416+ books on my list. That's just silliness. But I do think I can make a serious dent in the TBR Pile, and hopefully in 2017 the list won't seem so overwhelming! I'm looking forward to discovering new authors, new worlds, and new friends!
(That all being said...I have about $11 on a Nook gift card. Anyone have any books on Nook they would recommend to add to my list??)