6/25/15

Book Review: One Chance Night - Eliza Boyd

Once Chance Night by Eliza Boyd
Series: Make a Change #1
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Pages: 188 
Published: May 15, 2015 by Patchwork Press
Book Description:
On the surface, Chelsea Greer has it all: A loving husband. A nice house. A good job. In reality, she works hard to maintain the illusion that is her life. She's also missing the most important thing: Love.  One night could change her life. One night could give her the strength to rediscover what's important. In one night, she could find love when she most needs it and least expects it.  All Chelsea has to do is follow her heart after One Chance Night.
 **I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review. Other than the joy of reading, I received no compensation for this review.**


 My Review:  One Chance Night captured my attention from the very start.  Her struggles and apathy with her marriage were so apparent that it was difficult to see her go through that.  As all the whats and whys started to reveal themselves, it was clear that what was once a decent relationship that only kind of had a foundation had become toxic.  The entire story reads kind of bland in the beginning, which is exactly how Chelsea feels, so it was perfect, but add in super hot Brett and things start to get stirred up.

What I loved:  I loved that though Chelsea made mistakes (ie, she really should never have taken off her ring) in the end, all of the characters maintained their honor.  This was a big deal to me, because going into the story I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into.  I loved that there was no needless drama, but that that the characters were understanding and kind toward one another.  (Trying not to give too much away here) but I loved that all characters got some kind of resolution in the end.

The country music!  I don't listen to too much country music anymore (though I did go see Garth Brooks this past November) but after reading this book I found myself tuning Pandora in on Country...and enjoying it!

Not so much: I'm afraid the part that I didn't like isn't something I can say without spoiling the book.  It's nothing that was done wrong or needs to be improved upon as far as story or writing, it just is personal preference - so while I usually try and find something to say here...I'm bowing out this time.  

Rated:   PG-13 (Sex references, probably some cussing...I can't remember now, sorry)
Rating:  4 Stars
 
Purchase Links:
Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Apple | Scribd
About Eliza Boyd: Eliza Boyd is a contemporary women’s fiction and romance author. Also an avid reader, she writes novels, short stories, poetry, and whatever else strikes her fancy. Born and raised in Northern Illinois, she now lives in sunny Arizona with her husband and her plethora of animals. When she’s not reading, writing, or working, she can be found walking around her neighborhood (for exercise, not for stalking), taking photos of her pets, or catching up on her favorite shows. Catching up really means binge-watching.

 

2 comments :

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your review!! I'm glad you're enjoying country music again! :)

Kate Danielle said...

Great review. I have an ever going TBR pile right now but I will keep this in mind for the future.