4/20/11

Invincible - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Invincible (Chronicles of Nick, #2)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Invincible
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: The Chronicles of Nick #2
Genre: Young Adult Fiction
Form: Audiobook

Synopsis: Picking up right where Infinity left off, Nick Gautier is now training with Grimm (Death) to be able to access and use his powers effectively, a task he’s finding quite difficult and frustrating, especially with information coming from Grimm (Death), Uncle Ambrose, Caleb, and Kody – and usually the information is a bit conflicting. Also, it seems as though he’s being stalked, that other 14 year old boys are dying around the city, and something strange is up with the new football coach.

Review: In a book that is not only action packed, but is also dripping with sarcasm, Sherrilyn Kenyon has continued running with Nick Gautier’s awesome story. What I love about this series is that it is truly clean, yet maintains everything that you love about Sherrilyn Kenyon’s books – I would not hesitate to let a 13 year old start this series, but here I am 31 and am completely entertained! Another thing I love about Kenyon’s characters, no matter how bad a—they may be, typically her characters have good moral character. They are likable and fun, and I LOVE sarcasm…so of course I’m entertained!

Oh, and props to the narrator! He did an awesome job, his sarcasm and timing is perfect!! :)

LOVED IT: The small reference to the movie Hackers. I’m such a nerd, but seriously, that is the most awesome, terrible movie out there! I also love the pace that Nick and Kody’s relationship is developing, it’s just so sweet.

HATED IT: Hate is such a strong word. Maybe I should change this part to "Didn't love so much." I know..my blog, my rules. Where was Kyrian? He was there in the beginning, but it seemed like Nick doesn’t really go to work all that much.

SONG PLAYING THROUGH MY HEAD: Basketcase by Green Day. Poor Nick felt like he was going crazy most of the book.

View all my reviews

No comments :