8/7/10

Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have very mixed feelings about this book. One one hand, Nora + Patch = SEXY! Their very first "encounter" on the kitchen counter was...heartpounding. I love it. The chemistry between the two of them is the perfect mix of passion and fear.

Nora knows something is not right with Patch, however she takes way too long attempting to figure out what is going on. She definitely lies to herself a lot, or just places things on the back burner or something. The part that bothered me was the flow of the story, and the lack of making sure all the details lined up and the story progressed smoothly. I had moments when I was thinking (about Nora), is this chick for real? I.E.: walking into a restaurant and saying "hmmm, where have I heard of this place before." This was the CORNIEST LINE I HAVE EVER READ in a book...ever. And I've read a TON of books. So one must wonder, is this female lead really dumb? Why do I like her? Why does Patch like her? Or (because there are moments I really do like her) is there something we missed in her development? So yeah, I also felt like character development was lacking. This does not exclude Nora's mom; so is she over protective and will quit her job to make sure Nora is safe, or is she a mother who is never there and doesn't really have the reigns in on her daughter? Can't be both...it just doesn't work. And Vee...well, actually Vee was very consistent, the most of all the females. She was a loud mouth girl who needed to be taught to keep it shut! For the most part, all the males of the story were well developed and consistent...no issues there. :)

The thing is, I'll be looking forward to the next book, because I loved the chemistry. I'm not a Vee fan, but maybe she can redeem herself in the next book. What I really want is Patch to get his human wish. I hate the thought of him not being able to feel....

View all my reviews >>

No comments :